Open GL - Draw edges option greyed out

..along with Use Textures.

I just installed onto a 2013 iMac 3.5GHz with Intel i7, 16GB RAM and a GTX 780M 4GB to test performance. This machine was just upgraded to El Capitan this morning and I updated the CUDA drivers first thing.

Draw edges and use textures are greyed out in the open GL options. The machine is more then capable and very snappy with the flyover tool on intense models.

Any idea of something I'm missing or why this wouldn't be working?

Thanks in advance.

-evan

Well interesting. On my main machine I have fundamentals, renderworks and spotlight.

I installed on this machine as a secondary install (not to be used at the same time, I understand). and it seems it only installed fundamentals and spotlight. No renderworks.

Did I do something wrong, or am I misunderstanding my usage allowance?

Thanks for the help Jim.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No not your fault at all, I have seen it happen both randomly out of nowhere and after OS upgrades, Renderworks disappears from a system it was already installed on.

You can fix it one of two ways, reinstall and it will be back, or check your Vectorworks 2016/Renderworks/ folder and see if you DON'T have the Cinerender module. If you don't see it there next to a "module" and "resource" folders along with a sketch_styles.c4d file, download the attached app and place it there after unzipping it.

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Late addition to the conversation, but I figured it'd be better to piggyback on an existing comment instead of creating a new one.

Am I to understand that I must have Renderworks in order to use the "Draw Edges" feature in OpenGL mode?

Correct. OpenGL needs Renderworks in order to display Edges or Shadows.