Texture Mapping onto Wall and Slab Components

Now there's the burning question. The hidden line hatch is a created hatch and to rotate it (as I understand) has to be recreated at another angle to rotate. If its a hatch on an 3d poly you can use the att mapping to rotate it, but i think as possibly you that you should be able to rotate the texture including the hatch in one easy go. Add to wish list and maybe wishes do come true.

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2016 at 7:42 AM, Jim Wilson said:

Correct, at the moment even if you only have no components and have the slab textured By Object, you can not do any mapping at all. Half of that is just not included in the Slab texturing specs yet and the other half is a bug. You'll notice that you are allowed to add a decal texture to slabs but then you have no control over it whatsoever, this isn't intended.

This is not done yet...since 2016 !!!! Seems more important than point cloud toys to me... I have a slab not perpendicular to the axis and have to workaround.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not the same teams working on those things. One didn't come at the expense of the other.

Since I create a large portion of our rendering training, I'm exceedingly aware of the limitations and just as disappointed that changes haven't happened in that area faster. I push for rendering upgrades yearly.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 2:40 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Not the same teams working on those things. One didn't come at the expense of the other.

Whatever the details of the internal workings... the way it appears to users, massively more resources need to be targeted towards fixing stuff that doesn't work properly. And unless the resources available are unlimited, that surely has to be at the expense of developing new stuff.

• Like 2