Pipe and Drape in Soft Goods Tool

So I do have a minor, though I feel valid, complaint about using Pipe and Drape in the softgoods tool.

Whenever I use the tool my base plates are over the line where my drape is connecting to.

So say I want to pipe and drape from wall to wall in a room...both of my base plates will draw as going through the walls, and I then have to re-adjust them to fit within the actual room.

I get that you are technically drawing the length of the actual drape itself...but in real life your limiting factor is always going to be the base plate/upright.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the edges of your base plate be your connecting point on the pipe and drape tool not the drape itself?

In the options, you can shift the plates to be in or out, if you set them to in, then they will be inside the limits of your curtain. Just like in real life you would not use a base that had a center hole, in the program you need to tell it basically what type of base to use.

Even when I set "In" and "Out" points on my bases the base plate is still over the edge of a wall by 3/4" every time.

Even when I set "In" and "Out" points on my bases the base plate is still over the edge of a wall by 3/4" every time.

The reason you're seeing the overlap is that, as you cited in your initial post, the endpoints of the P&D runs are the centers of the uprights, which are 1.5" in diameter.

I've added your concern/request to the on-going wish-list.

Thanks for the input.

• 1 month later...

Hey Team,

We have just had a discussion in the office and the guys whole heartedly agree that more customisation around drape base plate orientation would be incredible. Currently we set it up then turn off the base plates and add our own. I have attached an image of a setup doing it the way we do it, it would be great if we could make the tool do this for us some how.