Sign in to follow this  
Brooklyn

Background turned pale green and no proportional line widths, etc.

I've been woking in 2D on plans, sections, etc. and suddenly the white background became pale green and all lines became hairline width. I suspect I keyed something by accident but I don't know what it is.

VW 2016 Mac

Any help?

Thanks!

If the view is still in Top/Plan and not just switched to Top (which by default has a green ground and blue sky in perspective) then most likely that can be fixed by going to Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Interactive > Interactive Appearance Settings, then changing the value for "General Background Top/Plan" to white.

For the lines, that may have been Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Zoom Line Thickness. Unless this was also caused by not being in Top/Plan, the 3D wireframe lines wont be affected by line weights the same as they are when viewed in Top/Plan.

• Like 1

As Jim says it sounds as if you have accidentally switched to Top mode (a 3D view looking at the top of the drawing) as opposed to Top/Plan (a 2D view of the drawing).

If this is the case it might be useful to know that you can always switch back to Top/Plan mode by pressing 0 on the key pad (Top mode is activated by pressing 5 on the keypad).