Number Stamp Tool

The old Number Stamp Tool which will incrementally add numbers to objects ...

In my case say incrementally lot numbers to as many houses I have in a landscape design

This old Legacy one I use which we can still add to a Workspace does not respond to Text Styles and the Text it adds is just Text in a group to each lot

Is there anything else that can add incremental say lot numbers and that responds to Text Styles?

D

Thanks Tom will have a look

But ...

Don't you and others think the old Number Stamp tool could be re built / fixed so that it responds to Text Styles and may do other things that users or NV want it to

Heading over to Wish Lists now

D

I posted this over in the Arch forum for someone that wanted to number walls. The file has a symbol, record format and worksheet.

Change the symbol and record format to suit. I use the worksheet to set the numbers. Sorting by location can make that pretty easy.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Agreed. Of all the tools that have become Legacy over the years, this is easily the most common one users have asked how to re-add to their workspace.

I'll grab the metrics on its use and submit a request for it to be brought back out of mothballs and updated to include support for things like Text Styles.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Not sure, I don't get insider access on a lot of the international/localized development, some of it eventually comes back into the base application and some stays only in the localization it was originally introduced to. The German version may be the most heavily customized if I recall correctly.

However I can request that it be added in any case.