Docked Palette Heights Change on Their Own

I think mine stay where they are (?)

But is there anything stored in the VWX file ?

I remember opening VWX from forums which where saved on a smaller screen and

I had to pull these to full screen, so palettes have to change of course (relatively ?)

If that happens for the same file for you,

I would think it is time to delete your VW Prefs plist.

But please wait for other opinions before you do.

:)

Hmmh, looks like palette sizes stays here.

It is not easy to dock self expanding Snapping box and Attribute Palette

at the first time. But once all palettes included on the left and resized,

it seems to keep positions.

Only one 30" Monitor, all Files View Sizes in ALT+"green light" maximized state only.

• 5 weeks later...

Still a problem with me and SP4. I have my OIP and Navigation palette stacked on the right side of my project window. I split them height-wise 50/50, "Save Palette Positions (which I should not even have to do since the workspace should remember this on it's own), quit VW, open VW, and the heights are about 33%/66% OIP to Navigation.

• 3 months later...

I figured this out, but I think it's a bug. It appears my Working Planes palette was docked with my OIP and Navigation palette, and even though it was not visible, Vectorworks makes room for it each time Vectorworks is booted. So I undocked the Working Planes palette from the other two, and now the heights of the other two say set correctly.

I always had my Working Planes Palette on the left side, which always kept docked positions.

On the right side I had 3 Palettes :

OIP, Navigation and Resource Browser. But no Working Planes Palette

That was when VW 2016 changed proportions after each start.

As we have Ressource Manager, I have only OIP and NavP docked on the right side.

And they seem to stay (not 100% sure) this way.

So you think it would loose positions if I would dock Working Planes Palette to the right ?

Or is it just a problem to have more than 2 Palettes of any kind ?

15 minutes ago, zoomer said:

So you think it would loose positions if I would dock Working Planes Palette to the right ?

Or is it just a problem to have more than 2 Palettes of any kind ?

The test is to add your Working Planes palette to the right column with the OIP on top, and the Navigation palette in the middle, and WP on bottom. Then close the WP palette, size the other two palettes to be near equal height, quit Vectorworks, restart Vectorworks, what's it look like? As far as your second question, that would require testing.