Font Size in OIP for Dimensions

The Cantor

Question

9 answers to this question

Just a thought Cantor. It would maybe be a good add on but what I do is make a series of text styles that have different text sizes which you can swap out as you can see in the OIP. The swap will only affect those dimensions that you've selected.

Hope this helps.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A workflow question: Is it very common that you would want to change just one dimension object's text size and that is the reason for this type of control rather than controlling it all by text style embedded in the dimension standard? The need to NOT alter all dimensions at the same time?

Personally I see this as adding clutter to an already cluttered OIP. Why not just add the Font menu to your right click? Then you can change the font of anything on the drawing with one click.

I want almost everything to be controlled by standards as per Jim's question. Its very rare to single one or two things out. I can see wanting to highlight a changed dimension by increasing the font size though. But its done so seldom its not a big deal just to go up to the menu as it exists now.

The font detail system is pretty clunky as it is but that's a whole other wish. I would still prefer Font by Class (not Text Style by Class).

Kevin

On 5/17/2016 at 10:28 AM, Kevin McAllister said:

.....Why not just add the Font menu to your right click? Then you can change the font of anything on the drawing with one click

This wasn't the answer that I came here looking for, but just wanted to say thanks for mentioning that as an option, just updated my workspace and now I have a font size menu in my right-click, very nice!