Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Drawing list from Worksheet

Hi,

I am trying to draw the list of information from a worksheet and print on page.

Problem seems to be that the spreadsheet row and the Header row may be causing problems.

Also when I run the series node I get 4 items but once through the Mix2 note I only get 3 and seems that I can only get a few numbers to show.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ok,

Trying to create a window schedule to print them out on an A1 sheet.

Got this to work and with a spreadsheet the GetWSCellValue wont read the 2.1 or 2.2 only an integer.

So if I add windows the spreadsheet lists them all under the header row causing a problem to read.

Guess I will have to adjust the node to check for 2.1 etc, and because the spreadsheet is for window it may only list out 2.1 - how many doors I have so this may work.

Also an earlier node read a string but this new one only reads a Name node.

(The bottom half of the spreadsheet is typed in to test but top reads from the original one.

Now how to get the window image to show and have the headers place on a page in a grid of my liking.

Guess this comes down to setting up an array with the series or sequence nodes.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

HI,

One of my problems in reading from a window schedule spreadsheet or any with a header row is that all the cells have the same name under the header. See attached image, I selected each cell on the first column and got the results all the same in the 2 column.

So fail in this way to read from a worksheet.

Any ideas???

Also it appears that the maths in the Series and range node sees to be strange. See row 8-11 step by0.1 you end up with 2.3000000000000003.

mmm

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Marionette Maven

Alan,

I'm going to try to answer all of your questions, although they may be out of order, and some may take longer for me to form a response to.

First, this file will help you get the correct values from your spreadsheet. In this case, we need to get the value of a subrow cell, instead of the value of a row cell.

I've added two brand new nodes to your network (I probably have the same ones floating around, and these ones aren't clean in the sense of descriptions, but they work. One day I'll get all of my worksheet nodes posted with correct descriptions.)

The first node is "Get Subrow Count", this will tell you how many subrows there are for a row. In your spreadsheet, row 2 has 2 subrows. I've incorporated this into your network to show you how to use it.

The second one is "Get Subrow Value", this node will provide you with the value in the subrow cell. It takes the same inputs as "Get Cell Value" as well as a "Subrow" input.

In this case, we will use 2 as our Row input, and 1 through 2 as our subrow input.

I hope this can guide you a bit.

As for the series node, that just has to do with how math is calculated. Float numbers can have infinite decimal places, sometimes they don't round out the same way that you would expect. I wouldn't worry about how far this goes, because having that many zeroes before that three means it's very, very insignificant overall.

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou.

I am so excited (small things amuse small minds)

I got this to work and I also used another worksheet node to modify your Get Subrow Value to draw out the SubRow String.

Wohooooo.

Well now I need the window image to be drawn out. I see nodes to bring out the image of a cell so will look at that.

Well I just found the one for GetWSSubrowActualkCell String.

Well it was time well spent because I learnt about the coding.

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Marissa,

Hi, have you had an opportunity to look at why I am not getting the image from the worksheet to print out on screen?

Have tried all the nodes associated with worksheet image. ( I think)

Thanks

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Marionette Maven

In general, the "worksheet image" is considered the on-drawing worksheet object...

I don't know if we can extract the image from a cell.

I'm able to return a boolean if the cell has an image in it, but I don't know how to take that image and use it elsewhere, assuming that's your ultimate goal.

Edited by MarissaF

Hi,

Yes that's my ultimate goal.

One of the things we have to do manually is to draw a sheet with all the windows on it in elevation with the dimensions and window number and a few lines about it.

Its done all manually and many way to do it workaround but was hoping to automate it on an A1 sheet and not just in a spreadsheet which most Architects don't like.

Thanks

see image here

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=15170&filename=Door%20&%20Window%20Schedule.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

It doesn't have to come out of the cell as it would be on a drawing from the window OIP.

The spreadsheet pulls it in from a create record.

maybe that's where I can chase it from Records

Its an Object with a Record.

So with the assist of Webinar 4 wrapper i can pull all the records for the window direct from the Object by Crit (Windoor),

Now for the image (tomorrow maybe)

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi,

Is there any reason that when I try to read the record I end Up with not a Numeric Value. All text items read ok.

Also it seems that I can only read details from 1 window at a time. I need to be able to read data from all the windows in the drawing.

Thanks

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi, I wonder if you can help me please?

I am trying to get the maths right to shift a series of symbols (windows) that are in my drawing (see Design layer with Plan).I can run the network and draw all the windows in to a line (sort of) if you hit 2 on the keyboard you see them all in elevation, but I need to get width of the window + 250mm (or any number) and move it along so that no matter what size window I put in there will always be 250mm between the windows in the sheet.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Alan

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 3 weeks later...

Dom & Marissa, thanks for all this, my ultimate goal is to automate a window / door schedule as shown in the image as below. Getting them all to print out in a line was a great step forward, I can at least now just viewport them to a sheet layer. Next step is to have the dimensions to be attached automatically and have the info about the window printed under each one.

This is one tedious task for architects and automation would be fantastic.

Can't play with this till late June when I return from travels.

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=15170&filename=Door%20&%20Window%20Schedule.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Back to my window schedule. The scripts calls up windows from my plan and places them in a line ready for viewporting to sheet layer for my window schedule, bur they need to be converted to a symbol first.

The top 2 networks call a list of the windows but wont place them in the drawing.

Is there a node for this or do I have to write one.

It would be nice not to have to convert them.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

Been playing with this again and seems to work now with 2017.

What you need to do is have windows as Window Styles and have all the parameters set by the style. That way each window will be specific to height, width and height above FFL etc.

Have all your windows in a folder and numbered so that the network will call up all the windows from the folder and place them in a row automatically. See sheet Layer viewport.

Thanks to Marissa for helping with this network earlier on and to DomC for his nodes.

Test it out and let me know how it goes.

Change your window types in the Resource Manager and don't change the heights on plan. You will notice that sizes and height above FFL are set by the style. This way you can control all the windows from here.

HTH

Video can be seen here.

Window_Schedule_001.vwx

Doc1.jpg

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 3 months later...

Hi Alan, we've had a quick trial with your marionette window schedule & it looks promising - nice work.

Just wondering, we number our windows on the plans in an anti-clockwise direction so that in elevation & on the window schedule they are going from left to right in the correct sequence.

The marionette script places the windows from left to right.

Is there a way an option could be added to place the windows from right to left? So that when the section viewport is created, they appear in the correct order.

Thanks

Brett

@BGHi, thanks for trying this out.

You can reverse the list to make it go right to left, Hope this is what you were after? 

I should look at this further because I was always wanting to add dimensions to each of the items automaticaly. What is your end format to give to the builder? it would be good to see a sample so maybe I can tailor to suite.

Window_Schedule_002.vwx

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi Alan, can you confirm how this should work. I know nothing about Marionette so sorry for the basic questions.

In your schedule 001, there was a marionette string plus a marionette object - & in the OIP you could specify the space between the windows.

In your schedule 002, there are 2 marionette strings, but no marionette object.  The windows created are now groups and there isn't the option to specify the distance between.

Can you please just explain the correct way to use this in a different file?

Thank you

Brett

Schedule_002.PNG

Schedule_001.PNG