parapet wall

Hey guys,

The attached screenshot is a distilled version of a problem I'm having.

I need to show a decorative parapet wall in my hidden line elevations, but that horizontal line won't go away. There are windows in the wall below that need to show up in plan. I tried making a wall projection, but it won't center, as it's the full width of the wall.

Any suggestions?

Hi Amelia, Try this: create a new design layer, call it "clerestory" (or whatever). Go to top plan view in the Floor Plan Layer and select the wall below, Copy it. Go to New Layer and Paste In Place. Move the whole wall up the exact same height as the wall below, then adjust the wall height to what you need. The point here is to a) place the exact same type of wall, b) exactly in line with and c) with its bottom exactly coincident with the top of the wall below. The line should go away. Then, in your floor plan just turn off the new layer, so you can see the windows in the wall below... HTH's

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Amelia,

Here's the trick. Draw a "negative" shape in elevation in Front view in 2D. Extrude it. Fit the extrude where you need it to trim the wall top. Use the command "Fit Walls to Objects"

Wes

Upon further thought, here is one additional method: just create an extrude from the profile you already have (the one you posted). This might be the fastest and simplest. In order to meet your criteria, give the extrude its own discreet class and only use that class for 3d view. Yes, you will need to Clip Surface from the extrude so that the doors and windows show up in 3d views. Still pretty easy.

A wall stacked on another wall will appear with no line in between, but the edges and faces must match EXACTLY or the edge will be detected and shown by HL.

That was new to me.

Does this work too when 2 Walls touch horizontally ?

What when both Walls have different Materials assigned ?