Publish Log.txt

Bruce Kieffer

Question

7 answers to this question

@JimW

I don't think so, but there should be. Submitting request now. VE-96335 

I use the publish log as an issue sheet. I just add the recipients to the txt file at the bottom.

In this regard, if the the publish log could not only list the file name, but also bolt on the latest issue number, then at the bottom list of all the issues numbers with dates, recipients and description at the base, it would be very useful.

All the data is there's, just needs pushing through to the text file, and its one less thing to have to do at an issue. 

• Like 1
On 4/10/2018 at 10:19 PM, Cory Pattak said:

I think if you click on "File Export Options" in the publish window and uncheck "Create Folder for each file type", I think that might disable the publish log. It works for me.

Cory

I've been trying to figure out how to do this for years!

Apparently, I didn't try hard enough because your advice worked.  Thanks for eliminating all of those annoying files from my desktop.

Edited by Taproot
  • Like 1

For months now I've been annoyed with this behaviour. After being away for only a day a co-worker used my station to publish something and thereafter these little bird droppings appeared whenever I put together a pdf of drawings for review. The wording of that setting is certainly not obvious that it can change such behaviour.

Thanks for sharing that info.