WINDOW SHADE IN OS10

Apple doesn't support window shading under OS 10.

That's one feature they removed between OS 9 and 10.

THere are utitliies out there (third party) that allow something similar to it.

You may want to do some research at cnet.com/downloads or versiontracker.com to see if you find anything.

An application window and palette window are two different things.

Apple chose not to include this in the OS when OS 10 came out.

You might want to ask them why it's not in there.

quote:

Originally posted by krw:

I tried the download from Unsanity.com but I can't get it to work. I guess I will have to deall with a smaller drawing area. AAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!

I don't think any of the 3rd party window shade programs will work on palettes,

Not that its any consolation, but word and excel have the same problem.

The lack of Palette minimisation in VectorWorks running in Mac OS X is pretty much the biggest criticism of the application I hear from local VW users.

They have all tried Windowshade X to no avail and have resigned themselves to sacrificing screen real estate in order to manage the Resource and Info palettes. The keyboard shortcuts for displaying/hiding these palettes are well known to them but toggling visibility isn't the same as minimising in place.

Nemetschek are wrong to wholly lay the blame at Apple's door however. It is possible to have palettes with a minimise button in the title bar which can then be 'windowshaded' by the eponymous Unsanity Haxie. If you don't believe me, go and download a demo of HighDesign from www.ilexsoft.com and verify the minimisation characteristics of the Quick Reference palette when using Windowshade X.

It should also be noted that all Adobe applications running in Mac OS X feature a proprietary 'windowshade' behaviour, assigned to palettes sporting greyed-out minimise buttons.

Personally, I think Nemetschek should introduce a built-in windowshade-style minimisation action like Adobe or adopt Macromedia's rather nifty palette system. I'm sure Macromedia wouldn't mind given their own palette-related legal run-in with Adobe.

ORIGINALLY POSTED: DOUBLE-CLICK COLLAPSE WINDOWS (VW 10.0.1)

DATE POSTED: 04-22-2003

I agree with AppleFan, many programs come with collapse windows (windowshade) on MacosX, so I don't think there is a problem with OS.

Here you have many examples of softwares with collapse windows (windowshade):

MACROMEDIA FLASH MX

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS 5.5

MACROMEDIA FREEHAND 10

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 7

even MICROSOFT OFFICE X

And all of this software are released before the VectorWorks make version 10 (I think).

Please all NNA people pay attention for this words in name of all user of VectorWorks on MacosX.

Thanks.

VectorWorks 10.0.1

MacosX.2

G4 Dual