perspective, 3d pipe & 3d connexion

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Once you get it set up properly, it's hard to give up the little 3Dconnexion controller. We demoed using it in the Rendering for Success training at the Summit and didn't even think about it specifically, but it was the first thing users asked about once we starting flying around in perspective OpenGL as you are here.

• 2 months later...

I am looking at the new space mouse enterprise which will allow for 12 preset commands (extrude, duplicate along path etc.) it states that it is vectorworks compliant but I am not sure that it will work with vectorworks in the same way that it will work with solidworks or inventor, does anybody have any knowledge of this?

I would not like to purchase it to replace my space navigator only to find it can only do much the same thing and not allow for assignable presets. BTW I am using Windows not IOS

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently only the knob portion of that device maps to Vectorworks directly. Unless the keys on it appear as regular keyboard input and you map them via the workspace editor, no I don't believe those 12 function keys can be mapped specifically to Vectorworks functions with their mapping utility yet.