More Control For Opening Hinge Markers

Markvl

Question

I'd like to have more control over the sizes, shapes (styles) and thicknesses of the hinge markers for doors and windows. You can apply colours or linetypes but that's it.

I find often that for doors the hinge lines can get blurred. Being able to adjust thicknesses would make that better. Opening symbols for windows can get lost amongst window muntin bars. Being able to increase the size and style of arrow would help make this better.

Also, now that I think of it, is to have the ability to choose which sash of a slider the Marker will show up on. Right now it shows on Both. Most sliding windows only have one operating sash.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This should be possible currently, unless I misunderstand the request:

Select a door or window object, then in the Setting dialog, select the 3D Visualization pane and then check "Use Hinge Marker Class" and give it it's own new class. Check Use at Creation in the classes graphic attributes, then set the thickness you like. This should give you control of the hinge thickness by class.

Hey Jim,

I was able to get the line thickness to change which is great but the arrow style and size does not change for a window such as a single hung. It always stays as an equilateral triangle and the same size. So either I'm missing something (check at creation is checked) or I'd like that as a wish please.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The hinge direction marker arrow? That should be controllable in the window settings, then under the 3D visualization pane you can set the class of the hinge direction marker. You have to set the class AND check the box for "use hinge direction marker class attributes" and then you can just set the class to the same one as the other components you already gave the attributes you wanted to.