3d Window tag no showing in VP

TimG

Any ideas on if this is a bug or if I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Essentially my window tags in elevation are not showing correctly in my custom rendered VP...the tags themselves show up, but the txt does not.

my vp is custom rendtrworks background with hidden line foreground (planer and screen objects both turned on)....I copied the VP same settings, but turned off hidden line foreground and it still doesn't show... but if I copy the VP and change background to just hidden line they show up.

I can work around this y having two VP's overlaid on top of one another, but I figured it should work the way I expect with foreground / background settings in one VP.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Same here, I think I have filed this as a bug and/or feature request before. Ideally the tags would show properly without having to have a Hidden Line foreground, but they should certainly show with one and shouldn't require overlaying two viewports to get the desired effect.

Submitting this again now if I can't find the previous case.

EDIT: And after some poking I can see the ID tags when rendered on the design layer, but not when rendered in a viewport even with the exact same renderworks style for both with no HL overlay. Submitting this as a new bug.

Edited by JimW

Strange.

I know that C4D doesn't render 2D geometry in a normal way, so does RW.

It makes just a plane with a too low res image texture.

I have to convert to 3D Polygons first.

But I don't know why RW hides Text of your well working HL foreground render ?

There is no option in RW to not use your annotation Class.

Does cranking up any 2D/3D geometry quality setting or VP DPI make a difference ?

Edited by zoomer

The font I'm using shown in my attached samples is Segoe... which is ttf I'll try changing it in a few to another type of font to see the results.

related, I'm noticing some of the tags are not showing up on the hidden line rendering... see attached... the two second floor windows on the left and the slider tag on that same corner.... is anyone else replicating that too?

seems to be about 3% of the windows or so on my elevations, particlarly happens to windows shown at a 45 degree

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmhhhhmm.

I once complained about my Windows exceeding the Roof in Viewports side views.

Now I see problems again when having background to OpenGL and foreground to HL.

HL seems ok.

But OpenGl seems to have problems. Cranking up OpenGL resolution does change

something, but doesn't really better (95% orthogonal geometry).

OpenGL not only looks blurry in some but not all parts, it also seems to be offset

quite a bit.

The only way to solve this is to crank up Sheet Layer resolution to at least 300 DPI,

which is not necessary for the HL only VP's.

In my 1:100 drawings, for a Wall (32 cm width) Top,

the OpenGL filling stops about half a wall width length below the Hidden Line.

If I calculate that right, those missing 1,6 mm OpenGL Fill should be 9,4 Pixels

when using 150 DPI.

So OpenGL is undersampled in Viewports ?