3D modelling

point taken sam

i'll continue to model in vectorworks and export to artlantis

i get great renders using the above and its been good to me for past 15 years or so!

After all the comments i have read and seen about the rendering in C4D i would have liked to see what i could have achieved given the time....

i don't need the level of 3d modelling that C4D can give... i can model most things in VW and anything that i need on top there's always 3d warehouse or Turbosquid,

but its been interesting and informative as usual for all the comments

and advice.....

Phil,

Maxon gives you a fully functional demo for about a month at no cost. You can always try it out and see if you get better results then your current workflow.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates changes from VW - Artlantis without having to reapply textures

Artlantis works in real time so for instance if you adjust a light it shows up on screen without having to do a test render to see the results

Great program good price.

I'll send you some of my recent work as a pm if that's ok

Hi I did download the demo but failed to achieve to much in the time

I could do with a week with the software and you tube

This is how I learned VW so I'm sure I could get to grips with C4D

I have watched in amazement some of the cinema 4d videos especially when they dropped a rectagular polygon from a height to give a draped sheet effect over a bed which was so realistic

I have to say it would have took me many hours of thought even to achieve something that remotely resembled the finished project of a realistic draped sheet

Over a bed....I bet someone will prove me wrong from our talented VW MEMBERS how easy this really is

Maybe we should pick a project once a week and see how our talented forum would approach the task and post there results

Could be great fun

I have watched in amazement some of the cinema 4d videos especially when they dropped a rectagular polygon from a height to give a draped sheet effect over a bed which was so realistic

I have spent the last week looking and working at cloth in C4D and then decided there were better ways to do it. Its generally ok but really nothing special and although light years ahead of VW its also light years behind other software.

I'm not bashing C4D because the more I use it the more I like it even if its a bit dated in places

Something like this !

I see.

yes, sorry,

you have to move Nurbs Surface anchors manually in VW.

And even a bigger sorry,

VW is such a feature overloaded software that has a bit of everything that

works somehow, like drape surfaces and other stuff hidden in the 3D package.

I do not want niche Tools like C4D Tools in VW, that's what these Tools are for.

I do not want any Particle Systems, Cloth Tools, Paint or Motion Graphics Tools

in VW until the most Basic Tools like Selection, Translation, Object Manipulations,

BIM and Organisation have reached a level where I can say, yes, that works well,

that does not hinder or limit and I do not need 3-5 times as much clicks as

anywhere else.