Wall Panels - Modeling and Creating Reports

N_Duch

I'm working on Vectorworks 2016 and currently modeling a new residence that's designed to comply with passivhaus standards. We've decided to build the house with SIPS panels which come in both 4' and 8' widths, and I'd love to be able to count up how many panels are necessary and the height of each panel (It would be great to be able to look at elevations of each panel as well, though I have a feeling I may be asking too much).

I'm currently using a 2D rectangle symbol to frame out each panel and then running a report on the numbers of each 4' and 8' symbol — though I have a feeling there's a better way to do this.

Any thoughts?

Hi, Sorry for long wait I had to relearn this and yes its possible to do all the above and more with Records.

Maybe this is what you are already doing???

Refer to tutorial

HTH

If you click on row 2 and drag the Sum icon to the top of the column it will sum as per attached so you can see the size of each panel , how many etc and you can create your own criteria.

If you add an image function to a column you can show the image in different scales and format.

BUT it really struggles with Open GL.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 10 months later...
Guest BillV

I have been to a Passivhaus Conference for the last 4 days. It is clear that this concept is gaining momentum especially in Germany,  Ireland  and England and China. We are seeing even large commercial projects such as blocks of Student flats (Vienna) 20 story  social housing in China, a leisure centre with swimming pool in Exeter and a large teaching block at at Polytech in Ireland. Whilst not all use SIPS many do in fact use this method. Ironically a major US manufacturer at the conference said "I can export all my panels to Revit, Autocad, Sketchup (which has a PHP add on module) and to Archicad"  There was NO mention of Vectorworks.

I approached Robert Anderson two years ago to enquire id VW would consider SIPs but he felt that Architects would prefer to draw walls and leave it to the SIPS manufacturers to then work out the number of panels,

I strongly suspect that if we do not consider this then Archicad will come up with this solution. We are the only software with Passivhaus surely the addition of SIPS is  a must have!

• 10 months later...