Rendering an Image

Hi Guys,

I have a room to render out and I got this issue.

I am quite new using this software and I couldn't figure out why it's happening.

Basically inside my project I have 2 big backdrops (16ft x 13 ft) and I inserted an image (by texture and as imported img) that will be printed off. The render shows everything but not the image.

I've tried different types of render settings already.

Any idea?

Cheers

Davi

A few things to check.

Is your image texture present in the Resource Browser list of textures in your project file?

Select the backdrop.In the Object Info Palette, look in the Render tab. Determine that the is texture applied to the backdrop. If not, use the pulldown.

The texture is applied to a surface object (eg a 3d poly, or extrude, NURBS, etc). The surface object must have a color fill (eg white in the Attributes Palette). The surface must not be buried inside or coincident to surface of some other object.

One way to test is copy/paste the object into a new file and render.

Post this test file here for others to test.

-B

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Make sure to create a texture for any images you wish to show in renderings, just having a flat bitmap image rotated into 3D wont appear the way you want it to:

You can still use it as a backdrop, just apply the texture to a large 3D polygon or an extrude in the background.