Visualisation Palette

markdd

Question

The earlier thread https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=225757#Post225757 got me thinking.......

For lighting designers who sometimes have several hundred instruments in a drawing, the visualisation palette is very clumsy. Firstly, I see no need for it to show accessories and static accessories. They needlessly clutter up a very long list. Ultimately it would be great if it could display in a "magic Sheet" format, but this may rely on too much information to be practical. However could it not be split up like the navigation palette into positions/fixture types/colour etc etc. Maybe all user definable so that when visualising shots or a wash or any other lights for that matter, it is a simple more user friendly layout. The current layout of using layers and classes seems mostly redundant for my workflow as most of the time my fixtures are confined to one or two layers/classes.

It would be interesting to hear from others how this might turn out, but I thought I would get the ball rolling!

Mark

1 answer to this question

Expanding the Visualization Palette to behave more like LightWright would be ideal. Just having some of the basics would be a great start. Unit #, focus point, color, dimmer, on/off, lit fog and draw beam. Double clicking on an instrument would take you to the Lighting Device window instead of centering on the light like it currently does. 201 thru 212 @ full = priceless.

Now to take this to the next level, let's talk about taking Kevin's Idea for linking viewports to cameras.

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=225759#Post225759

Using the New "Viz Palette"/"Magic Sheet" to create states (scenes) for different linked viewport RW cameras would be mind blowing. Basically, being able to save the state of the viz palette and linking it to the linked camera in any given viewport. Priceless to those of us who render multiple scenes of a project.