Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

making a wrapped procedure public

Hi

I have a wrapped procedure which I want to put in my user folder.

When I do this the result is a wrapped object with all the nodes but the wires are missing and therefore a bug results when I used it.

What is the correct procedure publishing a wrapped object. I have made it a symbol and the saved the file to my user area

I am very excited by the potential of Marionette but am currently at the frustrated stage of getting stuck on the details.

regards

Alan

• Marionette Maven

Do you have the "Convert to Plug-in object" checkbox checked in the "Symbol Options" dialog in the file where you have the wrapper saved? That would be my first guess. If you don't check this option, the wrapper will be imported as a 2D Symbol, which won't allow you to run wires to/from the ports.

If this isn't the solution, please describe to me what exactly you're seeing so I can help you troubleshoot further.

Marissa

I am probably doing something silly. It make it with convert to plug in object enabled

What happens the wrapped object says it is 3D. When a select it to place from my user library the graphics tracks with the full object but

as soon as a place it only the first node displays. If I then unwrap it the full set of nodes display but without the wires.

any ideas?

Alan

• Marionette Maven

Okay, I've just encountered this with a wrapper I had previously created.

What's the name of your wrapper, as well as the name of the symbol the wrapper is stored in?

Do you have any other Node/Wrapper with the same name?

I think mine is due to having both a Node and a Wrapper in the Marionette directory with the same name, but I haven't investigated entirely.