changing brick color

marshigh

I need a path to get to where you are talking about, please. I've been fooling around for a couple hours with the shader options and either creating a new texture, or edit an existing one. I haven't seen "materials diffuse channel" where I've been poking around.

I have renderworks btw.

thx!

OK,

If you select edit of your material in resource browser you will get the Material dialog.

The Diffuse is the first one and called Color in VW.

In the drop down at the bottom you will find the procedural (computer generated) shaders.

One is for "Bricks".

Once applied you can edit its settings.

For the Bricks itself or the Gaps there are 2 colors each, which will get mixed together.

There is also a setting to get some more variation into bricks colors.

You can play with these until they look like you want.

You can duplicate your Material at the end to create some Material Variants with different

settings. You can also apply your Brick Shader from Color to the Bumb Shader to get some

faked 3D depth. This should contain only gray values as different colors may have the

same gray value.

On the other hand computer generated shaders always look somehow - computer generated ;)

So searching for an Image Texture that fits your needs will probably lead to better results.

I usually make my own brick (And any) textures from a good photograph of the house we are working on, or look at the website to get a nice picture and create your own textures.

Sample attached, I used a 2m section of the picture to make the .jpg that created the Texture.

Roof Tiles were also created from an image.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 3 weeks later...