Viewport inconsistency help

Hi,

I'm noticing a few things I could use help with (btw, I love this forum, people are so very helpful):

In a design layer I'm using a 3d symbol of a sofa, in the sheet layer, the sofa looks quite different. why is this?

My 3d sofa symbol is opaque in the design layer but transparent in the viewport. I have gone in and filled it white, have added a white box underneath it and it's still transparent. any thoughts on this?

thanks a bunch,

Matthew

Some questions, as a few details are missing:

- how is the symbol constructed (NURBS, polygons, solids etc)?

- 2D/plan view or 3D view?

- what render settings for 3D?

- if 3D are the render settings identical for design and sheet layer viewport?

- are there viewport overrides for the class settings in which the sofa symbol is residing (colour, transparency etc), assuming all attributes of the sofa are by class?

- did you set up light objects?

Is it possible you are in open gl in your design layer, but have the viewport set to wire frame? Check the background render option list in the viewports object info and try a different render setting. You'll get a red box around the viewport and have to hit the Update button.

e.

Select the viewport and in the OIP click on classes. Check to see if the class is greyed out for the sofa.

Also check if "render grey classes transparent" (this may not be the exact wording) is active or not. If you want to keep your grey classes set to grey then unchecking this option may solve the issue as well instead of setting a class override to visible instead of grey