Congratulations JimW!

When I first joined these forums is was a pretty quiet place. I asked questions and now and then got an answer. Fast forward to today and its a real community with help and advice offered in buckets (plus the occasional moan).

This is overwhelmingly due to Jim. I am not surprised that his efforts (and patience) have been recognised.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thank you all very much!

Basically my new job title entails taking a close look at all the places users interact with either our software, or our company (forums, website, emails, phones, everything really) and ensuring that the user's needs are represented. Sort of a User Advocate role. This mostly means that I will be able to spend more of my time doing work here on the board, which is a good thing. For now I still wear many hats, I will still be doing a lot of video creation until our new team (Officially titled User Success) is a little more fleshed out and we get new members up to speed (I have to dump my entire brain into their brains! Pity them.) but I have more control over my own time management now.

This has been in no small part to the excellent interactions we've been having here, I can't thank you all enough for your honest feedback, be it positive, negative or neutral. Keep it coming. All of our communication is useful when gathered, understood and utilized properly.

There are both short term and long term plans to keep improving this on both ends. I know it's an extremely cheesy thing to say; but I really am honored to be entrusted by Vectorworks Inc. with something that I consider to be so important.

Sort of a User Advocate role. This mostly means that I will be able to spend more of my time doing work here on the board, which is a good thing

Yay, this is indeed good news :D

So I can keep bugging you for those little details with big consequences regarding dwg and GIS compatibility? :)

Oh and good news (or not depending on how you want too look at it), one of your competitors that is trying to get foothold in the BIM market is considering Vectorworks as one of their top-3 competitors to tackle (next to Revit and Archicad).

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Indeed you can! They haven't given me discretion over features of course, (gotta give the big bosses SOMETHING to do, right?) but I will ensure every request gets it's fair trial.

Oh and good news (or not depending on how you want too look at it), one of your competitors that is trying to get foothold in the BIM market is considering Vectorworks as one of their top-3 competitors to tackle (next to Revit and Archicad).

It's good news! Competitions drive all the best improvements and features. Besides, if someone starts aiming for you publicly as a goal, it means you've been doing something right ;)