Windoor help please

SharonP

I use to have my Windoor door lines set how I wanted - showing solid on a normal plan and then dashed door and door arcs on a reflected ceiling plan.

Clearly I have changed something along the way and although I have the door arcs showing dashed, the lines representing the actual doors disappear from the plan when I turn off WD-2D and turn on WD-Ceiling.

Can anyone give me any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Sharon

I am pretty sure that is where I am going wrong - I just can't work out how it should be.

I can get the arc to show as a dashed line but not the door itself, and yet I know that is how I used to have it showing on a reflected ceiling plan.

all 2D components of the doors are set to wd-2d except for the RCP wall lines which are set to wd-ceiling. I believe this is the default?

If I change the linetype of the RCPdoors to dashed then I get the door swing arc chowing dashed, but the door itself is invisible when I have Wd-2d turned off and WD-ceiling on. Have changed the door to be WD-ceiling, but then I end up with he door solid again.

Ok, I have never tried to add a VW file so I will see how it goes.

I have a new file, with an unstyled wall and a line drawing of what I want it to look like.

All I have changed in settings is the linetype for the RCP to a dashed line, and it has made my door invisible when I turn WD-2D off and WD-Ceiling on.

well... I have not been able to figure out how to add a file here..

I will keep trying

Sharon, Hi to add a file you have to click reply on the post (bottom Right) and it will bring up a file manager at the bottom which allows you to add a file. Don't start typing in the box without hitting this "Reply" first otherwise you will not see the file manager item.

Simple from there.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi, Refer attached. Seems when i put a new door in and adjusted the setting for one door the door showed in your door.

I changed the setting for one door but there appears to be a dotted line (ceiling swing) and the WD2 door sitting over each other in the same class.

Maybe this needs to be fixed in the WinDoor file.

HTH

Another strange thing is if you grab the end of the wall and drag it the door changes to all solid.

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

I am having another issue with Windoor since I started using VW2016. With cavity sliders the wall fill where the wall pocket is turns bright cyan colour rather than the colour of the adjacent wall.

I can't find where to control this. Very annoying. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

You will have a class nominated that uses that colour - have a look in your Classes menu and find the class or classes that use that colour.

With the door selected, go to Settings>Classes in the Object Info Palette (OIP) to see which classes Windoor is using for that object.

There is a problem with these walls, and I have talked to Julian about it. Windoor doesn't cope with wall components, so I have resorted to adding rectangles of the wall colour to get the door looking correct in 2D.

It would also help if you add a signature like Alan's or mine.

Edited by D Wood

Yes I have tried playing with the OIP colour and class settings but still no joy. I was thinking I might just have to add 2d rectangles as you suggested. Thanks for the response.

The other bug I'm finding is that the copy/apply function for WinDoor doesn't seem to be working in 2016. Has anyone else found that?

Yes, those are the classes that apply to your door, however that list doesn't show the colours of those classes.

One of them is using the cyan colour, so you need to go to the drop down classes menu at the top of your screen and see which it is.

Change it to the colour of your wall linings component then add rectangles on either side, coloured to match your wall framing component.

To add a signature to your posts, go to My Stuff at the top of this forum page and fill in the Edit Profile, in particular, Signature.

The "drop down classes menu" is aka the Organisation Palette?

I don't think the Cyan in the cavity slider is a class attribute. Cyan isn't used as a solid fill for any of my classes and I even tried turning all my class fills to "None" and that didn't change the cyan.

I noticed in another VW file a cavity slider wall fill was white rather than cyan. Just can't find where to control it.

Thanks for your help David.

Have added my signiture :-)

Cheers

If you look at the attached file you will see that the pocket slider picks up the fill colour of the core of the wall. (I've used you pocket slider and inserted it into different walls.)

At some stage the core of that wall must have had a cyan fill and somehow that is still what is being picked up. I'm not sure how you can fix this. Best send it to your distributor and ask them to advise you on how to fix it.

Great responses thank you.

Not such an easy fix for me however as I use the wall frame fill to distinguish both exterior/interior walls as well as new/existing, load bearing/non-loadbearing walls etc. Changing the wall frame to a component class would make all my walls of that style the same colour so I would have to make different wall styles for new/extg, exterior/interior walls etc.

However, using what you guys have told me, and a bit of playing around with my wall styles, i figured out the root of the problem.

In order to use class fill style to control my wall style frame component I need to set the wall style frame component to "object class" as well as the frame fill colour to "by class". As you suspected mike there must have been a remnant cyan frame fill colour in the wall style prior to changing the frame component fill to "by class" and the cavity slider wall pocket fill was using that remnant fill colour.

The fix is as follows:

Leave the frame component set to "object" class.

Change the fill style from "by class" to a preferred colour (not cyan!)

Close the wall style edit dialogue.

Reopen the wall style edit and return the frame component fill colour to "by class".

Hey presto - I can now sleep at nights!

Thank you.

Edited by boh
  • 1 month later...

Further to my initial issue, I have noticed something odd in my files, sometimes I am getting the door dashed as I want it to be, but I noticed that the left hand doors were looking correct, but the right hand doors were missing the actual door when I turned WD-ceiling on and WD-2D off. If I turn them into left hand doors and flip them, they show correctly.

Also I am interested to know what you (Alan) meant when you referred to something being wrong in the Windoor file... where/what is this?

I have attached an updated file to show what is going on with my doors and the flipping I mentioned above.

Hi,

Cant remember what was wrong, maybe it was an excuse for not being able to solve it. Easy to blame program.

But in the last file attached you see the change in the viewport and not in the design layer easily. only the ceiling has a door swing in it also.

HTH