Accept Incoming Connections repeatedly pops up

Donald Wardlaw

Question

15 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's only supposed to happen once. If you have Mac Firewall enabled, you may be able to shut it up with Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > FireWall Options, and instead of "Block all incoming connections" make sure you add Vectorworks to the approved list manually. OS X's firewall is a bit overzealous sometimes by default.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14818&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-04-01%20at%208.42.18%20AM.png

Optionally you can also disable Firewall entirely, but that is only really a viable option if you have other dedicated network security.

However, if it keeps happening after doing that please let me know. It isn't supposed to constantly harass you.

That is interesting.

On later OS X,

that Message appeared always for VW2015 at every start,

It came only one time at the first start for VW 2016.

It came never at all for C4D.

It still comes every time I open my other App.

Although all are white listed in OS X Firewall settings.

And that Message each start came back for VW 2016,

with the latest OS X 10.11.4 Update.

Hi Jim,

Yes, I'm on 10.9.5 on my main workstation. I have Firewall on and I added VW2016 to "Allow incoming connections" with a green light. I still get the prompt every time.

Like Zoomer - this also happened with VW2015, but I just complied :)

My second workstation is El Capitain, but I can't test that right now. I'll follow up.

Edited by EAlexander
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For anyone here that can perform this test, if you completely turn off the firewall, then reboot, does the same error still pop up? You can certainly revert back to having it on after the test, this is simply useful info for my report.

(For these types of issues I sometimes have problems replicating, since I'm inside the same network that the activation server is in.)

With the proviso that it is Monday morning and I've yet to have my first cup of coffee...

With firewall on and Vectorworks enabled to accept incoming connections I get the message upon VW startup.

With firewall off I get no such message upon VW startup.

Just following up on this: I just upgraded from 10.9 (Mavericks) to 10.11.5 (El Capitan)...and the problem persists.

I did everything Jim suggests above - verified Firewall green light permissions. Turned fire wall off, then back on, then rebooted. Relaunch VW and accepted the first time. Close VW...reopen...prompt appears.

Boo!

:)

e.