Tom Klaber

Split Worksheets into Multiple Columns

Question

I would love the ability to split a worksheet into multiple columns. Many times a worksheet is too big to put on a layout. We then need to put in a design layer and then crop it with viewports. Not ideal.

I just saw this demonstrated in Revit. It is a pretty nice solution - a button on the top of the worksheet instance that allows that instance to be divided into equal columns.

We need that.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I'm not familiar with Revit worksheets but if it is similar to splitting rows and columns in Excel then +10 from me.

If you mean having a long worksheet split in multiple parts to show the columns/rows extending from the layout in another column, that can already be done manually but I agree having a one button solution would be very helpful too as it would save quite a bit of time.

++++1. This would correspond with the ability to "stop" a database header somewhere across a row, allowing one to either enter a new database header or enter spreadsheet values that don't necessarily correspond to the original database header.

I'll give that a +1 too. I've had to simplify my door/window schedules to keep them on one sheet and still be able to read them. Simplifying can be a good thing, but when there just is some info you can't do without this feature would help in this respect.