Option-Click

I am experiencing intermittent behavior using Option-Click-Drag to duplicate an object(s) and move the duplicate to a new location. Option-Click and then Click-Drag seems to work, but Option-Click-Drag doesn't always work. I haven't yet seen a pattern as to what triggers this. Changing the view or the Layer seems to get it working again (I think). Has anyone else seen this?

G4-Dual 500

OSX.2.6

VW 10.1.2

Is it possible you are just noticing the behavior change in the option duplicate function that came along as of version 9?

If you option click drag a duplicate from an original you must still be holding the option key when you release the mouse to get the duplicate. This is specifically different than the way it was in version 8 and before.

Previous to version 9, the duplicate was made as soon as you clicked the mouse while holding the option key, then you could release the option key and move the duplicate to where you want.

Actually, since version 9, you can drag the object to the new location without even holding the option key, and just press option right before you release the mouse, and the duplicate will be made.

This change in behavior still haunts me today, even after using version 9 for at least a year. It is hard to break finger dexterity habits you have been using for seven years. (the change of "nudge" from command-comma to shift-arrow is another example of a habit that was hard to break)