Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Get Field Node issue

Guest unlimited

Guest unlimited

Hi,

I am seeing an issue with the Get Field node in that it does not omits repeated fields to be created from a list if the list contains the same names. This scenario is required when trying to create IFC Custom property sets.

I would appear that the node is simply ignoring any duplicate fields through the input port.

See the file attached. I have created a list which asks for 4 fields each with the name "Test" to be created, but the result is simply 1 filed in the record called "Test".

Many thanks,

Martyn

• Marionette Maven

My main question is why would you want to name more than one field in a record the same thing? I do notice that you CAN have multiple fields with the same name if you edit your record from the resource browser, but I'm just stuck wondering what good that would do?

Secondly, if you were to use Marionette to extract the information from a record field, you would choose the name of the field, and if you have more than one with the same name, how can you be sure you're getting the right information?

I'm not sure if this points out an issue with the node, really, because I can't personally see a use case for this to be available.

Can you enlighten me as to why you want this to work? I can take a look into it, I just need a better grasp on the workflow.

Guest unlimited

Hi Marissa,

The specific and very real need is when creating records to be used as IFC Custom Property Sets. These require fields that are the same and which are put in a strict alternating format.

See my revised file which has a fuller network included which takes the info from a worksheet in the file, creates two lists and then zips these into a single list. The output from the single list is the correct way an IFC Customer Property Set Record should be set up - but its not being interpreted "correctly" by the the Get Field node.

Many thanks,

Martyn