section lines on sheetlayer-viewport

Hi @ all,

I have created 15 section views on sheet layers in a drawing. Now, to get an overwiew on all this I want to create a sheet layer with top/plan view that shows a floorplan plus all section lines, so I thought simpliest way to do this, is having all section lines on one design layer and create a viewport from this on a new sheet layer.

But I'm getting an empty sheet layer. Obviously section lines can not be transferred to a viewport on a sheet layer.

As a workaround I created 15 manual section lines (not linked to the section views) in the annotations of a floorplan, which is quite annoying. There should be an easyer way to do this. Do I misunderstand something completely, or is there another "official" workflow for creating a plan that shows all section lines in a viewport on a sheet layer ?

Of course I can create such a plan as viewport on a designlayer,- but this is not what I want, the final result should be a 2D dwg/dxf plan. Since the whole drawing is in 3D, I want to have it on a sheetlayer which I want to export as dwg/dxf with the option "Export as 2D Graphics in Model Space".

Thanks a lot for suggestions...

uuups... solved by myself ....

workflow is :

- creating a viewport on a sheet layer as "floor plan"

- creation section views from this sheet layer, NOT from a design layer

- the section line will then be embedded to this viewport as linked section lines in the annotations.

"Why seek far afield when the good could not be any closer by?"

Edited by halfcouple

As far as I remember I did the same in the standard way.

Create Section Viewports by my 1st Floor in a DesignLayer with Section Lines

on an own Class, which is normally off when modeling.

I think the overview floor plan Viewport had more than one Floor Layer active

and the Class for Section Lines visible for first floor.

You can set in Sections in which Layer the Section Lines have to occur.