Batch Export to IMage File Type

mouseman85

Question

4 answers to this question

Not sure if it could be done with a custom script, but an option could be to export all images to be into a single PDF and then from the PDF software export all pages to individual images (with crop to extent if available), assuming you have PDF editing software (e.g. Bluebeam or the full Adobe Acrobat etc.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Unless I am misunderstanding the question, yes this is possible right now in Vectorworks 2016.

File > Publish, then at the bottom left, select "Add New Items as: Image" and then add the various views. Then, select the views on the right and click "Options" and you should be able to pick PNG, JPG or whichever format you like.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14796&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-03-30%20at%209.57.54%20AM.png

Jim, thanks for the reminder of this new feature. I had seen it in the what's new presentation on youtube (I think) but had forgotten about it and was still using the PDF route myself.

One question, in case of wanting to export a lot of images would it be better to have only image exports in the publish from a performance perspective or does it not make much of a difference if you have a mix of e.g. PDF and images?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have not seen reports of a dramatic difference, but that may just be because the feature is relatively new so reports about it either positive or negative just haven't reached me yet. In testing it was not noticeably different when we were looking at it for the new feature documentation, but I admit I did not stress test that specific aspect.

My best guess however is that the difference would be negligible, with the majority of these export times being any rendering or geometry calculation that was needed and not the image processing portion.