Color & Opacity

Hi Everyone,

I am new to vector works 2016 and use it for Tradeshow work.

I am trying to figure out a couple of things.

1. How do you change the color of an extrusion?

2. How do you change the opacity of an extrusion?

3. How do you open multiple windows at the same time? ( I have read some things about changing dock preferences but there is not an option for that on Vectorworks 2016.

Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

1 and 2) do you mean in 2D or 3D? In 2D, extrusions dont have a fill, theyd have to be made into a hybrid object via AutoHybrids or Symbols. If you mean in 3D, then the fill and transparency would be handled by the texture applied to the extrude.

3) Are you on Mac or Windows? On Mac, this should do it: https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=223100

And if you dont have those menu commands in your workspace, they can be added via Tools > Workspaces > Edit the Current Workspace.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should be called Palette Options, but if its not there it can be added to your workspace, but did you happen to migrate a workspace from another version? Or is this one a default 2016 installation?

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14691&filename=Screen%20Shot%202016-03-18%20at%204.24.22%20PM.png

And for texturing, this chapter of the Getting Started guide should cover the basics 3D object texturing:

http://www.vectorworks.net/training/2016/getting-started-guides/renderworks/Gsg-2016-r09-applying-textures