DWG/DXF generated by VW cannot be modified

Unfortunately as a mac user i need to exchange files with ACAD users, which i do not know to use. Files i import are fine but when i export files, some thing cannot be applied (drawing is visible perfectly) such as apply a hatch in ACAD and, those files cause ACAD to hang too.

I'm really frustrated because of the poor export capabilities.I would be glad to hear that my capabilities are poor if someone came up with a work around.I read the appropriate section in the manual and search the forum but i could not figure out what goes wrong. The files are simple 2D only, no hatches, just walls, and some lines and rectangles.

I'm using VW 10.0.1 OS 10.2.6 17" Powerbook.

Well my exports always work great, so I don't know what is going wrong for you.

Be aware that autocad's hatch capabilities are flaky to say the least. Give me some more details about the problems and I'll offer some solutions.

As for making autocad hang...well who knows?

If you are not exporting hatches, then they are using AutoCad's hatches. If their hatches are hanging the AutoCad program, there isn't anything VW can do about that.

If you want to email me your VW file and the DXF file, I can take a look at the files in VW and AutoCad and see what might be causing the problem.

tech@nemetschek.net?subject=ATTN:Katie

[ 06-03-2003, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]