Batch change Custom Property Set value in IFC data?

I downloaded and installed the trial version, but it couldn't seem to show my data? Could it be that the symbols are not parametric?

Yes something I overlooked. Because the symbol definition does not contain the IFC record, it's not shown. It would work for a parametric object.

However, the following workaround should work:

Convert all your symbols into the provided SymbolObject which is just a wrapper object for symbols.

There is a specific menu command for this "Convert to SymbolObject".

Next, list the SymbolObject instead which does give you the option to change the data if you enable all options in the settings tab.

If you don't want to continue with the SymbolObjects you can simply EXPLODE these objects and you will end up with the original symbol, but now with the correct data :)

I did a quick test and it worked out. I do assume all symbols have the same IFC record attached, otherwise it might be a little more tricky.

Let me know how it goes.

I do assume all symbols have the same IFC record attached, otherwise it might be a little more tricky.

I suspect it will be trickier too! The symbols all have their own set of unique values apart from one field where they all share the same email address...

I do assume all symbols have the same IFC record attached, otherwise it might be a little more tricky.

I suspect it will be trickier too! The symbols all have their own set of unique values apart from one field where they all share the same email address...

You can do this in two ways:

- Convert your symbols step wise by certain criteria untill you've edited them all.

- Convert them all at once and sort on fieldvalues in the bottom list browser so you can clearly select objects that share a certain parameter, and edit those.

Also note that even if you try to edit a parameter with different values you can still unlock it and change the value.