Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Brise Soleil Object Breaking Issue

I'm having a few issues with this script I've developed for a parametric brise soleil. It seems to break every time I go into a 3D view (not Top) edit the control geometry and exit the edit control geometry window.

It looks like the 0,0 coordinates become lost and all dimensions become displaced.

It may be a problem with a non-

Vectorworks supplied node "Move To with Ref Point" as this determines where the script starts.

• Marionette Maven

I've been actually working to solve this problem for a while now. I first encountered it when I was playing with my Stair object, although in that case it was due to a convert to NURBS.

It does have to do with being in Top/Plan vs. a 3D view. I think we tried what fixed some other situations to try to handle this, but it hasn't worked out as expected.

I'll take another look into a way to solve this. I'm thinking in the direction of saving whatever 3D view you're in at runtime to a variable, and then changing to top/plan for calculations, and then resetting back to your custom view. I've just been trying to avoid that since there should be a better way.