Displaying unit numbers in a View other than TOP/Plan

Just wondering if somebody can lead me in the right direction. I'm looking to show the unit numbers,circuit info, and address info of fixtures in a front view. I've got a truss that has some vertical dropdown pipes with fixtures on it. I can't seem to get this info to display or print once I switch to the front view. (in this case my front view is actually a left view) Any thoughts?

Thanks

This is an issue that has been pondered regarding Spotlight since its inception. The best way to do this currently is with design layer viewports. (DLVP) any item that has to be rotated such as a truss or ladder, is drawn on it's own unique layer and drawn in plan view only. Once drawn, one create a viewport of that layer into your master drawing layer. It can then be rotated any way you might like. This allows you quite a bit of flexibility in how one views items and in fact, how those items are manipulated in 3D space.

Just know that sometimes these DLVPs can be a bit buggy and frustrating. Hopefully this is being addressed.

• 2 months later...
Hey scottmoore could you run down in detail of how to achieve this? I'm a bit stuck and can't seem to get any sort of channel/address view in front view even in a design layer viewport.

Nathan -

While not specifically answering your question, you might find this thread to be helpful: https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=177103&fpart=1. It includes some examples, some links to videos, and perspectives from different users.