How to create a wall projection in a corner between two walls

HI

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am having trouble creating a wall projection in a corner, so between two walls.

I am able to create a projection from one single wall by adding a rectangle attached to the the wall and then going to AEC> create wall projection. But I am unable to use the same method to create a projection in a corner between two walls or L-SHape.

I have literally tried everything I could think of. I am creating a floor plan for my coursework as seen in the attachment. Also if anyone could talk me through the steps as I am still a beginner

Thank you.

There are a couple ways to do this.

The fast way is to draw the shape of the projection, then AEC > Pillar…

This will create a pillar that walls can join to.

In your particular case, if you are using wall styles, you can make a wall style that is super wide for the area in question.

Walls that butt join can be joined with the wall join tool in the L mode.

hth

mk

There are a couple ways to do this.

The fast way is to draw the shape of the projection, then AEC > Pillar…

This will create a pillar that walls can join to.

In your particular case, if you are using wall styles, you can make a wall style that is super wide for the area in question.

Walls that butt join can be joined with the wall join tool in the L mode.

hth

mk

I find the thick wall solution the fastest and easiest in this kind of situations.

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2018 at 3:05 AM, Raj said:

I already Create 1 drawing here, And I already create report for wall core area but its not the  exact area,,

Its showing only wall internal Area.

How to Calculate the Corner Wall Area.

reports.vwx

I don't understand the question.  In your file the bottom external wall has a length of 517 cm and a height of 300 cm.  This calculates to an area of 15.51 m2. The worksheet calculates it at 15.12 m2.  Remember that the length of the Wall Core component is less than the 517 cm. If I measure it, the "inside" dimension of the Wall Core component is 504 cm. 504 cm x 300 cm = 15.12 m2.

It is just a matter of understanding where the calculations are coming from.