Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

visible invisible and ohhhh textures....

the frog

This new topic refers to disappearing object between 2d and 3d. This time part of the frame becomes invisible after crossing the path extrude node when you switch to resultant object. If you only envelope no pb the script works fine.

any idea (Alan I have been trying almost everything I could)

Second part of the topic

Textures are turning crazy as soon as you change a number in the OIP if you are in open gl or in render mode. Usually ‘Verre mineral’ becomes ‘R_Verdure1’ or something else

Please help

Hi,

Seems the simplest way to control the texture is to assign it by Class. So General has the class set on it so it will not alter unless you alter it.

The disappearing part of the frame comes about because in this case you need to add an attribute node to the network which will proved allow the object to take a texture. See attached.

Another way to make frames is to use symbols with extrusion shapes as in the attached files.

Make symbols and change the name as you wish.

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Hi

Thank you for the proposal of using symbols. I though about it but not two frames in the exhibit are alike so at the end you have too many symbols with too many names.

What I am trying to achieve is a tool that anyone in the office can use (they are phobic about symbols and 3d so the path is long). That’s why having to change the measures in the OIP as they work in plan view seems to be a good start. Marionette is a try; when I want to go fast I work in VW the normal way with section and path extrude etc.

I tried you idea of ending with attributes node, the script is working even when you envelope but not if you convert into object.

As for the texture problem it shows in my showcase example we spoke about where textures are switching without advice if you move some sizes in the OIP. For an exhibit,in the showcase I should have a texture for the back, one for the glass and I can have one for the sides. So we are talking of 2 different classes for 1 showcase, not including the glass (same for all showcases) and the external frame (usually painted the same as the wall). If I have 30 showcases my class palette is too long to be efficient, the way it works in the OIP (scrolling) is the good solution.

The truth is that being curious I want to understand the why of this situation.