Layer and Classes disapear when printing to HP Design Jet 500

When I print a Plot to my HP Design Jet 500 Plotter some of my layers and classes do not show up on the print.I have checked to make sure that all layers and classes are on in the menu tabs.I am also experiencing text stacking on top of itself in a print. PLEASE HELP

When you go to File>Print, do not click on anything anywhere on your computer until the blue print progress bar is complete. You should wait about 5 seconds after that before clicking on something.

That will fix the text stacked thing.

However, if you are getting normal text when you can print your file fine wihtout dropped layers, that's probably not the problem.

THe printer may be running out of memory. There is a firmware update for this model printer. You can download the firmware update at hp.com. Instead of clicking on drivers under the download section, click on system maintenance.

See if updating the firmware resolves the problem.

What happens is the printer takes in a file. While it's processing the beginning of the file, more and more is sent. Depending on how big the file is and how large the file gets by the time the printer starts converting it to something it can print, the printer may run out of memory. When this happens, a safe mode like mode kicks in. It will only print anything that's been converted to raster and will drop anything vectoried.

WHen you print and get dropped layers, whatever prints is probably stuff on top of the layers orders and has already been processed to raster and is able to print. The stuff dropped hasn't been converted to raster in the printer, so it's still vector, thereforre it can't print.

Sometimes restarting the printer and or computer can help the problem. Usually just down time for the printer is what it needs.