Can't Edit Stairs!

Sky

This is driving me crazy. I"m working on a 3-story home and If I highlight a stair and click on settings, nothing happens. After that, I can only select objects by using a right click. But nothing works right at that point. I can't quite the app either. I have to use Force Quit.

When I open the file, I can work with everything else fine. It is only after I try to edit a stair (any one of 5 stairs in the file) everything goes bad.

I think I know what was wrong. I originally made this drawing in v2014. I importing to v2015. Then I imported to v2016. Somewhere along the line, it corrupted the stairs. I deleted all the starts and remade them and it is fine now. A lot of extra work though...

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. Both in fact. I had given up on the custom stair tool as it was updated from a previous file. I have now reinstalled the entire program. opened a new file and tried to install a stair and it will not work properly at all. I was trying to work with the graphic properties and once you close it, you can't edit it again. You can also not select it. Even thought it's visible, clicking 'settings' in the OIP does nothing. 3d views can occur but only by selecting a particular view. The free 3d rotation won't work. .. Very frustrated.. client and all.

It is now completely frozen.

2016 VW SP2

Mac osx 10.10.05

Edited by assemblyarchitecture