Data Recovery (on PC) URGENT

Hi there,

My hard drive has just died on me, and I couldn't even fix the boot sector.

I installed a new hard drive that now boots to windows, and formatted the old drive that I am trying to now get some of the old data off.

I formatted it, don't ask... (I couldn't access it at all, couldn't assign a drive letter, couldn't scan it with recovery software) But I can now access it!

Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows of data recovery software that can locate .vwx files on the formatted drive. I'm trying the beta of 'Disk Drill' for PC (scanning now), but I'm not sure if they support .vwx like the MAC version does.

Does anyone know of, or have experience of software that can help me?

Many thanks,

Jon.

I and the kids have had a few hard drives crash and sometimes the computer wouldn't even start and as a Techi noob I never mess with the hard drive. I take it to my computer shop and they always recover all the data. Unless you reformat nothing is lost even if you delete it, it still remains in the background until that section of the storage is is full and it tips it out.

May be no help this time but for next time.

:(

• 2 weeks later...