AWD

Projector Instrument

Question

Hello,

It would really help me to have a projector instrument that creates light in the way a lighting instrument does.

I need to render projection onto gauzes and scrims and invariably have to use lighting instruments project the images.

It would be great to have a Projection Tool that works like the Video Screen tool with the same lens options, image selection etc but which acts like a light, creating beams (lit fog enabled) and potentially hitting multiple objects as opposed to just a flat predetermined screen surface.

Andi

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Currently working on another project with multiple projectors being used to light performers, moving roll drops, set and multiple gauzes.

Currently Vectorworks is utterly hopeless at letting me create renders without jumping through ridiculous hoops. 

Projectors are 'a thing'. They are not going away and they cannot be simply a screen. 

Having to pretend profile fixtures are projectors and torturously create gobos and work with non real lenses is pathetic.