multiple render styles at same time?

kdelvo

Workaround if the vid screens are on separate layer from the others:

Turn off Unified View and render each layer separately. Or make an old fashioned Layer Link for the Hidden Line layers to render all at once and render the other layers separately.

Problem is any view change requires setting all the layers to same view via Align View, then rerender some or all.

Or, Sometimes, stacked Viewports can work. Bottom VP displays the all layers in HL. Top Viewport displays only the Vid screen layer (or classes), render in color.

I guess you could also override all classes in a VP to have white fill and black line (same as HL). Except Vid screen classes keep their color.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

Tried the override you mentioned. Didn't seem to work as for me the first time. I will continue trying.

So essentially what I am trying to do is have certain classes in a Viewport render as Hidden line while other layers render as Final Renderworks.

For some reason thought that would be easier.

Using a my 3D program (not C4D) that is quite simple to do.

Thanks for your help.

Method 1 is a Viewport duplicated in place, so two of them in a stack. Back one has all the layers turned on and rendered Renderworks Style>Realistic Colors White. Front one has only the "sculpture" layer visible, rendered FQRW (background) and Hidden Line (Foreground).

The other method mentioned above is not quite same as Hidden Line, but rather uses Class overrides in the Viewport. This only works for objects with colors (fill) assigned By Class. This process requires changing class colors in the VP Class list. If you need to change them back, the Revert button in the Class pull down might work as required, but for testing, make a dupe of the VP, maybe even on a new Sheet Layer so that you have an unchanged copy.

Select the VP, Open the Viewport Class list and edit all the desired classes to change the fill color to white. You can select multiple classes in one go. Choose OGL background and HL foreground to show some parts in color while others remain white. In my sample the class of the blue thing is not overridden. The red curb and a few other objects are not By Class on the design layers, so they are not affected by the VP class override.

I tested unsuccesfully to change things to white in the VP through the document pref for Use Layer Color and the VP Layer>Color setting for Use Layer Color. Maybe others have that one sorted out.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14445&filename=DblVP.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=14446&filename=ClassOverrides.png