VW9-VW10 drawings... Where did they go?

I'm having trouble with some drawing files I'm working on. I created a model of a duplex in VWA9.5 and Workgroup Referenced it to a DTM file. I then created two groups of layer links to place the building on the site at differernt elevations and orientations. No problem so far...

But now I'm trying to upgrade the drawing files to VW10/RW to create a rendered site model. I opened the model in VW 10.1.0 and assigned textures, etc... still no problem.

The problem comes when I try to pull the updated model into the Site model file. It tells me that the referenced drawing is an older version and I should open it and resave. Okay. So I save the VW10 file with the same name from within VW (the program tracked the file if I tried to do it in the Finder) Now when I try to update the reference, I expect to get a "Unexpected Error" and I'm done [Confused]

So what am I doing wrong? The files are fairly large. (the model is 9.4M, and the site model is 1.7M) could that have anything to do with it? I'm also saving the files across an ethernet connection to a file server.

Thanks,

Tom

Ti-book G4 667

Mac OS X.2.6

VWA 9.5.3

VW/RW 10.1.0

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Tom,

Did you update both the model file and the site model file to VW 10 files? Then are you saying you opened the site model file in VW 10, and you tried to reference the VW 10 model file and you got an error? That sounds like a problem with VW. You could send me the 2 files, and I will investigate.

Thanks,