AEC Wall Framer and Curved Walls

Has anyone had any success on using the AEC Wall Framer and using it with curved walls? I can get it to work on straight walls all day, but when I try a curve, it gives me an error saying "No walls framed. No walls exist on the selected layer(s)"

Does anyone know if it is even possible? I would like to get it to work so I can create frame layouts for our shop guys to build from.

Thanks,

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Marco Zavagno said:

Hi All!

a curved wall framing option would be amazing... any chance that the 2020 version has it?

Cheers and Ciaos

M

Nope. I just tried in Vw2020 and you still cannot use the Wall Framer tool on Curved Walls.

It still just gives you this relatively unhelpful error message when you try to run the Wall Framer tool on a DL which does have a Wall, it just happens to be a Curved Wall:

975465060_ScreenShot2019-09-27at10_21_24AM.thumb.jpg.fbdd24dee5709a9077c3bc72aa54cf3d.jpg

On 2/10/2016 at 8:33 AM, rDesign said:

It also cannot frame canted walls.

That error message "No walls framed. No walls exist on the selected layer(s)" could be much more helpful and tell you that this tool doesn't work on curved walls.

On 2/10/2016 at 8:45 AM, PVA - Jim said:

There is already a request for framing curved walls in, but i'll put in another for a more intelligent error message.

As I noted previously in this thread over three years ago, the error message should tell you it doesn't work on curved walls.

Additionally, the Vw Help File page on Framing a Wall does not make any mention that the tool only works on straight Walls, not Curved Walls. I think that Help page should be updated to tell you it will not work with Curved Walls.

@rDesign ... what a shame! 😓

On 9/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, rDesign said:

Nope. I just tried in Vw2020 and you still cannot use the Wall Framer tool on Curved Walls.

It still just gives you this relatively unhelpful error message when you try to run the Wall Framer tool on a DL which does have a Wall, it just happens to be a Curved Wall:

975465060_ScreenShot2019-09-27at10_21_24AM.thumb.jpg.fbdd24dee5709a9077c3bc72aa54cf3d.jpg

Edited by Marco Zavagno