HP Designjet 110+ and Win10

trodman

Question

Hi,

I use an HP Designjet 110+ at work. My laptop is currently running Windows 10. Before that I was running Windows 7.

I am using VW 2016 Fundamentals,Spotlight.

After upgrading to 10, I noticed that I was not able to print to the plotter anymore. For some reason when I select the plotter when preparing a print, it will revert back to the default 8.5x11 laser printer. Setting the plotter as the default does not work either.

I thought this was a driver issue as HP does not have a Win10 specific driver for this model. However, I can print to the plotter just fine from any other program. So, I have been exporting PDFs and then printing those which gets kind of annoying.

Something about VW2016 does not seem to work with the legacy Win7 driver.

Any thoughts?

Edited by trodman

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can try simply uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, however generally when a printer doesnt support the OS version you're using, Vectorworks has problems printing directly to it.

You can often get around incompatibility like that by exporting to PDF, then printing the PDF from Adobe Reader.