Separate plant lists for separate sheets

I am trying to figure out to place a separate plant list on each sheet I have created.

I am creating a planting plan over a wide area that is being broken down into smaller areas - each on their own sheet.

I need several plant lists, one for each viewport on individual sheets. Then a master list to show the total plants for the entire project.

Any advice appreciated.

You need to read up on Database Criteria.

In order to get only some of the plants into given schedule you will need to have some criteria you can use that will make them different than the others. This can be a class, a layer, or even a LOC (location). All of these are possible criteria to use in setting up the database.

If you can't put the plants in different layers or classes, then using LOC is the next best choice. You will need to create a 2D polygon for each area that you want to schedule separately. Each poly will need to be given a name in the Data tab of the OIP.

Edit the criteria for the database and add the additional criteria you need to isolate the area.

Since you are working with viewports, editing the criteria is critically important as the database by default will double count things, counting both the object on the design layer and each instance in a viewport.

I recommend that you start and learn on a simple test file with just a few plants and areas to get the hang of it and be able to easily see if counts are correct before you jump into your main file.

• Like 1

Hi Pat

Thank you for the offer - but I think I have figured out what it is.

It is when I add plants in a 'landscape area' to the plant list.... But even though I have identified the problem, I still cannot figure out how to get the '0' item out (something to do with the poly line around the area maybe??).

The landscape area is also causing me a whole lot of other headaches. (I am used to doing planting plans with a single list and individual plants - not mass planting with separate lists).

I cannot edit the size of the plant in the plant list or add any comments or notes (for only the plants in the landscape areas) - it either does not let me edit the schedule or allows me to add a note but then when I click off it it disappears.

Thank you again for any further help if you can figure out what I am doing wrong!.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I would guess the issue for 0 plants is right click the line in the worksheet and select 'show item'.

The drawing should select the item, highlight it, and the Object Info will tell you if the area is too small for plants.

While drafting or editing plant areas, small remnants are created.

You may have to use the 'select item' multiple times until all the small areas are removed from the drawing.

Someone may have a workflow that simplifies this