Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Extrude/duplicate along path

RuudB

Hello all,

I'm stuck with three simple problems. The first one I already asked on this forum, so I'm not posting it here.

1. Extrude a plane along a 3d curve. Within the menu this is possible to do it with locking the profile plane and fixing the profile. When using Marionette it should be possible when adding to lines to the script of the node. But for some reason this is not working.

2. Duplicate a plane along a 3d curve. Within the menu this is possible to do, but not with rotating the plane in the horizontal direction of the curve. I succeeded partly in making this in Marionette, because I failed in selecting the drawn plane. Besides that I didn't succeed in rotating the plane.

I hope someone can help me further with these two questions. Giving me some possibilities with Python would be helpful too. I added a file to show you the output I like to have. Thanks in advance!

Ruud

Edited by RuudB

Hello Alan,

Thanks for helping again. Your attached file is still not giving result. I checked the script behind your "Move" node, but I can't see the difference with the original one. I my case the "Move" node is not reading a list of points, what it should be able to do. Maybe you can explain what you changed in the node, so I can think with you.

Ruud