Saved View Redefine

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have checked back to 2014, I do not see any "Redefine" control at all. As far as I was aware, the way this was done was by entering the saved view directly, then saving changes over the original. Though It may simply have been something I never noticed if it was in an older version.

"Redefine" exists ONLY in the Navigation Palette on the Saved Views tab, by right-clicking on a Saved View.

I agree that it should be easier to do. Also, if you have Fundamentals (and therefore no Nav Palette), you have to save a new Saved View with an identical name to overwrite it. Redefine should exist in the view bar dropdown for Saved Views as well!

I didn't know abt the redefine in the nav palette either... thanks!

by happenstance, I've got two separate files that are resetting my saved views at random-- classes, layers, etc ok, just the "view" and render setting.

Not sure if this is a sign of a corrupt file, but I've worked around by creating new saved view with same name, but it has happened a couple of times now.

Feeling like I need to copy objects into a clean file, but I'm hesitant to do so since I've modified from my standard template quite a bit and don't want to create more work.

Any insight would be appreciated!