VW2016 Crash on Extrude Along Path

Hi all, I'm having trouble with extruding a 2d polygon along a nurbs curve.

The 2d polygon is one of many to be extruded along this path, so it is slightly offset from the path, and thus I select the [fix profile] option. I noticed that if I deselect [fix profile] the crash does not occur..

Every time I run this command I get 'VW 2016 needs to close down' ?

Does anyone else get the same crash as I do?

Edited by CarlJdP

@Benson Shaw

Thank you, the stacked vertex explains it :) Would be nice though if Vectorworks could catch this exception.

@JimW / @MarissaF

Would be nice, with a lot of the tools, if the FAILED error message could state why the operation failed, or which objects caused it..

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
@Benson Shaw

Thank you, the stacked vertex explains it :) Would be nice though if Vectorworks could catch this exception.

@JimW / @MarissaF

Would be nice, with a lot of the tools, if the FAILED error message could state why the operation failed, or which objects caused it..

Adding this thread to the existing request for more informative solid modeling error messages.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I would say a visual indicator would be a good wishlist item, I'll submit that. However, I would also say a pre-check might be in order so that an EAP could at the very least WARN a user about a stacked vertex, and ideally either fix it automatically or avoid it becoming an issue.