Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

output drawing order

J. Miller

• Marionette Maven

Hi!

So there are a few threads that have already been started on this topic, and it's a tricky one to answer at the moment.

Towards the end of this first thread explains my current knowledge of stacking order within Marionette, and links to

this thread, which contains a file with Stacking Order nodes.

In short, to summarize without visiting the other threads:

Stacking Order does not behave as expected when in an unwrapped network, it can vary in a number of ways. This is being looked into by myself and one of the Engineers for a solution.

In a Marionette Object or a Wrapper, stacking order appears to behave as intended.

The second link will bring you to a thread where Stephen has posted some stacking order nodes - "Send Nodes" (near the bottom, posted on Jan 07, 2016)

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2016 at 4:12 PM, MarissaF said:

Hi!

So there are a few threads that have already been started on this topic, and it's a tricky one to answer at the moment.

Towards the end of this first thread explains my current knowledge of stacking order within Marionette, and links to

this thread, which contains a file with Stacking Order nodes.

In short, to summarize without visiting the other threads:

Stacking Order does not behave as expected when in an unwrapped network, it can vary in a number of ways. This is being looked into by myself and one of the Engineers for a solution.

In a Marionette Object or a Wrapper, stacking order appears to behave as intended.

The second link will bring you to a thread where Stephen has posted some stacking order nodes - "Send Nodes" (near the bottom, posted on Jan 07, 2016)

The thread links go to the old forum. is there a way to easily find these threads again?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When I have several objects that are created by a network and can't be ordered the way I want them initially, I will put them through an ordered list at the end, then through a group node, then an ungroup node. This will put them in the correct order as well as a single Marionette group.

• 2 years later...

My network creates two polygons, that overlap partially. I want one specific polygon on top of the other and I'don't get it...?

On 1/19/2016 at 5:50 PM, J. Miller said:

just experimenting...

I used an "ordered list" data flow node and placed the 2D objects in the order i wanted them to be drawn. it worked just fine

Jeff

Maybe I missed something, but it didn't work. I placed a 'ordered list' node at the end. Connected the polygon to be on top to item0 and the second to item1 but it doesn't help.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:51 PM, sbarrett said:

When I have several objects that are created by a network and can't be ordered the way I want them initially, I will put them through an ordered list at the end, then through a group node, then an ungroup node. This will put them in the correct order as well as a single Marionette group.

I added a group node and an ungroup node but it still doesn't work.

Can anybody help?

Thank you all

VvierA

• 4 years later...

Using if nodes is possible;
it's kind of an effort to put something as input fo each (true and false)

Or am I missing any "put in nothing" node?

in 2023 if nothing is added it seems to be "1" in 2022 it was "0"
fo example if I create a 2D rectangle and have no valid input it generates a 1x1 square.