Wall end cap, IFC

ida

Hi Ida,

Interesting question, I'm afraid I don't know the answer!

I had assumed that only basic elements such as walls, windows, roofs etc. were exported to IFC. I know for a fact it doesn't export 3D wall holes, I wonder if it also just can't deal with wall caps.

If anyone can confirm this that would be great, a list of what IFC will and won't export from Vectorworks would be handy.

Hi,

I tagged the wall end cap as a IFC Entity WallStandardCase, the same tag as the walls automaticly get. What is strange is that it does not export as a closed volume like the walls, but as layers that the wall is built up from. The light yellow on the picture is the wall end cap and the grey is the wall. The green is the wall behind the cap just marked in solibri.

Everything that has an IFC tag will be exported.

Some objects get it automaticly and other has to be tagged, by using the IFC button on the bottom left corner of the object info pallet.

This link I found by googeling is also good:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/download2.nemetschek.net/BIM+Camp/Sharing_Your_Model_with_IFC+.pdf

Ida,

I see now what you are saying, apologies I misunderstood your post. This is indeed peculiar. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on this one.

On a side note 3D wall holes do not export to IFC no matter how you tag them, they are just not a geometry that is recognised apparently.